Jul 26, 2007

New

Scroll down for Thursday Thirteen

Hummie has added blogroll for Themed Thursdays now! Check it out in my sidebar! This week's theme is "New." My first thought was of new babies. I had a scrapbook layout I did of Princess when she was a new baby and one I did of MAMA in love's new addition. But last night I was doing a layout about myself and I thought of a new way of looking at things. And to celebrate this NEW outlook, I thought I would include that Layout as well.


When I went to do this scrapbook page, I kept thinking about the fact that I weigh too much, my hair is grey, I hate my tooth (I adobe photoshopped it LOL), etc. It was all getting really depressing. And it crossed my mind, that this whole thing was beginning to sound like a eulogy. But then I thought about it, in a eulogy, people don't remember the fact that you weighed 50 lbs too much, or that your hair was grey, or that you needed some work on your tooth. They remember the person that you are. And so I decided to make a list of words that describe me or my likes and to make my page from that, with all the important things that make me who I am and this is the result.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, I need to get some old photos out and scrap by boys as newborns! Yours are adorable! I love what you wrote us, encouraging us to focus on the fact that others won't remember physical features as much as how we make them feel!

Cra-Z-cat said...

what great pages.. the one of yourself hits home for me.. i feel so unattractive alot.. guess it's a woman thing, cause my hubby doesn't think so!! well enjoyed your page and ramblings today.. have a good one!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful LO's, cute baby!
I had a big belly when I was pregnant with my daughter. We thought I'm having a big one but she was only 5'11 well, she was premature.

Mine is up!

Lori Imel - Living4Him2 said...

Good for you!!! I am glad that you changed this into a positive!!!

This was a great challenge!!!

Twitter