Jul 31, 2007

Food Tackle

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It's Tackle It Tuesday, again and this week I am tackling my menu plan and my grocery plan for when I go to work. I have to rework the whole thing now that I am going to be getting home later. Do you have any quick and easy meals that are hits in your family? I am open to all suggestions.

I am also going to tackle the housework so that the house is somewhat in order before I go back to work and before my best friend gets here for a visit. It kind of sucks though that she is coming the day after I go to work. Oh well, I have to dig us out of this hole we are in and this job will do that for us. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, well one thing that allways wins at my place is those Skillet Sinsations (cook time 8 to 15 mins).
I will post my weekly menu today, maybe you might find some of them helpfull.

jennyr said...

my quick and easy meals is usually campbells recipes and those add a chicken meal available on a freezer aisle,hehehe!good luck on ur tackle!

Susanna Rose said...

Sounds like you have a lot to do! Hope you get it all done! As for an easy/good meal, tacos are always good!

Susanna

Lauren said...

Quick and esasy?

Throw pork chops (frozen or thawed) into a crock pot. Throw 1 can italian diced tomatoes, 1 can chicken broth for flavor, 1 small can tomato paste, and 1 can water on top. Season to taste. Throw in 1/2 an onion (chopped how you like it).(I used oregano, basil and thyme from my backyard pot, as well as garlic salt or fresh garlic.)

Cook on low all day or high 4-6 hours. Add veggies (either fresh or frozen) about 1-2 hours before serving. Serve over egg noodles or rice.

This is my hubby's favorite way for me to fix pork chops.

Anonymous said...

Guests are always a great incentive to get cleaning done that's been put off. Good luck getting everything done!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

UMM easy meals, what about mac and cheese, or pizza two of my fav's anyway - or there's always our trusty fav. breakfast for dinner - pancakes or french toast is always a winner!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

My favorite cookbook is "Good. Fast. Cheap." by the desperation dinner ladies. 90% of the recipes take only about 30 minutes to make, start to finish.

I'm hosting another Tackle contest on my blog. Stop on by!

Twitter