Jul 2, 2007

Feeling good

I feel good today. Good to be at least trying to do something to get healthy. Even if it doesnt show on the scales at all, at least I am trying. I am making an effort. That feels so good. Every time I pass by the potato chips I feel a little victorious, every time I give princess an ice cream to cool her off, but I don't eat one myself, I feel a little victory. I am trying. I do care. I will not get back to where I was.

Princess is enjoying her extra day off because of Canada day. She is relaxing, watching Backyardigans, and eating oatmeal at the moment. Food, shows and no school, just what it takes to make a nearly perfect day for her.

Yesterday Princess came inside and said, "Liam is having a Canada Day! Can I go over and have a Canada with him? And his mommy gave me some Tatoons (Tatoos) can I have some tatoons on too?" It was too cute that she was so excited that Liam is having a Canada Day. She just makes me smile and then ran out the door in all her mismatched tatooned glory to enjoy the day and have fun.
Here they are together. Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever seen? I love how beautiful her eyes are in this shot.

6 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Trying is what life is. As Vince Lombardi used to say, "It is not wether you win or lose, but how you play the game."

Mississippi Songbird said...

What a cool blog.. I'm enjoying reading it..

Cheryl said...

Awww...that's so sweet....now make it into a scrapbooking page...you've already got the journaling!

Cory said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good today. And focusing on the actions is great. It's really all we can do, right?
And the kids do look really sweet together!

Crazy Working Mom said...

What a great shot! :)

Glad you're feelin' great. I made it to Curves today. Whoo for me too.

Fantastagirl said...

She is beautiful.

BTW - YOU are a Rockin' girl blogger.... stop by and get your button.

Twitter