Aug 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about TC
  1. My baby has been in Day Care a week and loves it, however she also came home with pink-eye today. Lovely. Just lovely. How long does that take to clear up. She is going to be devistated she can't go to Daycare.
  2. Prince Charming is back home. I got through it and even had fun spending a lot of special time with me and my Little Princess.
  3. I am going to go get my hair done tomorrow I think. I am just so proud of how I look now that I've lost weight, I want to do the finishing touches to pull it together.
  4. Prince Charming is home for three weeks for summer holidays. that means more cooking and less computer time. please don't miss me too much. I will do my best to visit all my friends.
  5. I am a certifiable computer addict. I truly care about all my friends that I meet through here.
  6. A friend of mine I met on-line who has been ttc for a long time just found out she is miscarrying. I was so devistated for her that I logged off the computer and cried. It just isn't fair.
  7. My neighbours are the perfect neighbours. I am not afraid if my little princess yells and makes a racket, I can ask to borrow sugar, coffee or a movie if I want and they can do the same. I bring some of what I bake over there when I bake and she does the same for us. I have never had a neighbour like that before. It really rocks
  8. I didn't eat all my ww points today. I had a busy day and I couldn't cram them all in.
  9. I was good though and when Prince Charming and the Little Princess went out and had hamburgers and french fries, I had coffee and waited until I got home to make myself something healthy.
  10. I am loving trying new kinds of food that I have never tried before. It is so much fun for me.
  11. I used to hate fish. I hated to eat all fish except shellfish, but lately I am really enjoying fish, I am just not sure how to prepare it.
  12. I missed most of So You Think You Can Dance today. that sucks. I love that show.
  13. I can't wait for tomorrows episode of BB7 to come on. I hope that James gets voted out.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


  1. A little cutism, the little princess was in A&W today and saw a big stuffed bear sitting on the display. She thought it was one of those mascots that she has met and tried to get his attention, she decided he was sleeping and tried to wake him up. How cute is that??

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

#7 is the best. good neighbors make all the difference!

my TT is up too, check it out if you get the chance

Anonymous said...

make sure you get in all those points... they always told me that at my WW meetings (says the person who NEEEEEDS to go back to WW)!

Happy TT! Mine is up, too.

Anonymous said...

I make friends via Blogs as well (computer addict too) but mostly I just try for links lol - My T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition is up at Bloggin' Outloud. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Usually with pinkeye... after you have been on the antibiotic drops for 24 hours you can go back. All depends on the daycare!

I am so sorry for your friend. It took me 8 years to conceive dd... and she will be 9 in January... which means it has been 8 years trying for #2... and 5 miscarriages in between. Tell her if she needs to talk to someone who has been there to hollar! You are so right, life isn't fair...

Happy TT!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss success! I know I've been having fun trying on smaller clothes this week. :)

I'm a big fan of fish. We really like baking tilapia or orange roughy in the oven. I spray it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and sprinkle some lemon pepper and/or paprika on it before putting it in the oven. Comes out delicious!

And salmon with some fat-free Italian dressing drizzled over it before baking is really good, too. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

Pink eye is a pain - I get it pretty often too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the pink eye, that stinks, it is hard to keep kids from getting that sometimes, the bad part is, your child got it from someone who brought it to the daycare and shouldn't have been there. I am so sorry to hear for your friend who is miscarrying. I am 9 weeks along and it really hits me to hear for people in that situation. My list is up.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the weight loss! im trying to workout and diet as well. good for you!

my list is up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I need to get started myself! The mascot sleeping was cute! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Pink Eye, she'll need meds for it and it'll take a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Princess likes school. Pink eye, I think she'll get eye drops and be out a couple days. That sucks!
Congrats on the weight loss and the new haircut, you'll be feeling great!
Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

We're moving adn I hope our new neighbors are nice. I also missed the majority of SYTYCD. Crap.

Anonymous said...

I love So You Think You Can Dance - it's my fav!

And I think you're usually not considered contagious anymore after 24 hours on the antibiotic cream.

Have fun getting your hair done!

Anonymous said...

Nice TT.

Mines up to.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Hopefully I'll be able to post something similar soon! I hope the pink eye is over soon, I know My Little O would be traumatized to miss "school"
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Yay for great neighbors! I'm new to TT. My post is up

Anonymous said...

My daughter's pink eye lasted about 4 days. It was so hard to get the drops into her eyes! She also got fifth disease which is also common at day care centers.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to BB tonight. I wonder what the twist is going to be about. Sorry your daughter got pink-eye. Hope she gets over it soon.

My list is up. Have a wonderful day. Take-Care...

Anonymous said...

kids are little walkig petri dishes! I hope the pink eye clears up soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope the pink eye clears up soon. It took my son about 3 days with those horrid eyedrops from the doctor..That is a post in intself trying to get the eyedrops in..
You can find any kind of fish recipe and how to cook it on the internet...I like mine baked in foil with butter, onion, green pepper, seasonings..yummmmm

I did not do a thirteen this week.
I have a little time to visit the ones who posted…
Good List!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Thanks for Thirteening!

Anonymous said...

Great list! My TT is about pets this week.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, sorry about the pink eye. I hated getting that when I was a kid. :(

Anonymous said...

Congrats on scheduling the haircut.

I desperately need one. I have been growing my hair out to donate it to locks of love...and it is at the point that I need to cut it or something bad might happen!

I LOVE So you think you can dance as well. Travis has won my beating little heart.

My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Pink-eye sucks. It should be gone in a few days. I think this is the iniation into daycare, your kid getting sick.

i am so sorry for your friend....

Good job w. WW. YOu can make salmon on the grill w. a little olive oil and spices you like. YUM!

Anonymous said...

I ain't got a clue about that pink eye stuff, can't say I ever had it....i don't think. But at 35, I forget alot of things too.

Your man is home for 3 weeks?? Whoa...

Anonymous said...

Yay for Prince Charming being home! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

SO sorry for your friend. It's great that you have such nice neighbors. Hope the pink eye goes away quickly!

Anonymous said...

SO sorry for your friend. It's great that you have such nice neighbors. Hope the pink eye goes away quickly!

Anonymous said...

Your hubby has three weeks off in a row?! How wonderful! I hope you two have a great time together!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on the BB7!! James needs to go. :)

Happy TT!
Mine are up.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, bummer about the pink eye. And Yea for you on the weight loss - congratulations! I don't have the willpower to ignore hamburgers and french fries, I totally admire you for that :) Great job!

Have a great day and weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the pink eye!! Congrats on the weight loss!! You Go Girl!!

"So You Think You Can Dance" is one of my summer favs! I think Benji is going to win! What do you think?

My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter and the pink eye. I used to be a day care teacher and it seems like pink eye was always going around.

My prayers are with your friend who had the miscarriage. I can't imagine how devastating that would be :(

Congratulations on your weight loss! I too have been using the WW points plan..it has been a lifesaver.

Anonymous said...

Linky for the code no worky.

Anonymous said...

thanx, got the link fixed now

Twitter