Aug 2, 2006

Can't I get even one day?

Okay, let me start by saying that I was looking forward to sleeping in today. Prince Charming doesn't have to get up for school this morning and I was naively thinking that all the stars would align and I would be able to sleep in this morning. But I should have known better.

At 8:30 this morning, I get a phone call regarding my daughter's day care arrangements. At 8:45 I get another one. At 9:05, my little princess is awake and sitting in front of the television yelling for food like I am a tardy waitress. At that point I knew that any hopes I had for sleeping in were done. finito, I am destined to get up every day between 7 and 9 until my daughter goes to college and then with my luck she will call me every morning at the crack of dawn to ask me where she put her socks.

Even on days that she doesn't wake me up (which I will admit are most days) Prince Charming usually has to get up for school. Then I hear lots of things like, "Honey, where are my socks?", "Honey, do you know if my white shirt is clean?", "Honey do you think you could make my lunch while I get dressed?" and so sleeping in is a long ago dream. Gone but not forgotten and once in a while I delude myself into thinking that I once again shall attain to this dream. But no, not today . . . maybe on Saturday? MMmmmm . . . . probably not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping in for me is sleeping til 9. I forget what it used to be like to sleep til noon. I haven't been able to do that in many many years. Oh well. Maybe one day I will again...lol!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, they grow out of waking up early. The kids, at least.

Anonymous said...

be thankful he calls you honey. just checkin on ya

Twitter