Aug 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen--Places I have lived


Thirteen Places TC has lived
  1. Toronto, Canada--I lived there twice. My sister and brother were both born there.
  2. Brampton, Ontario--I was born here.
  3. Vanastra, Ontario--I lived there for several years. It is a small town made from an old air force base. It was a fun place to be as a kid. We had lots of freedom to run around and play.
  4. Thompson, Manitoba--I lived there three times. The shortest time we lived there, my father moved us there from Ontario and he was working in a small town two hours away. We rented an apartment, moved in, went to school and then two weeks later, he moved us to the town he was working in.
  5. Snow Lake, Manitoba--Beautiful little town. This is where we moved after our two weeks in Manitoba. After this we moved back to Thompson again for about a year.
  6. Norris Point, Newfoundland--While we were living in Thompson, my mother developed a serious heart condition. After several major heart attacks she thought she was going to die and wanted to move home to die. So we moved to Newfoundland.
  7. Corner Brook, Newfoundland--I lived here twice. First with two roommates before moving away for work. Second, I moved here with my brother to continue my education at the age of 27 years old.
  8. Deer Lake, Newfoundland--First place I ever lived completely alone. Very nice place, my only reason for moving is to go back to school after discovering it is way to0 hard to support yourself at a minimum wage job. One of the famous sights as you drive into town is a big moose outside a restaurant.
  9. Sydney, Nova Scotia--Lived here for several months with my brother before I got work and moved away.
  10. Halifax, Nova Scotia--Lived here twice. Love Halifax, the only problem I really have is that all my family is so far away when I live there.
  11. St. John's, Newfoundland--Love St. John's. Lived there twice. My daughter was born in St. John's and it is where I currently live.
  12. Gander, Newfoundland--Beautiful little town. My best friend still lives there. Left because of lack of work.
  13. Jefferies, Newfoundland--Beautiful fishing town where my MIL lives. Also known as the "Ass End Of Nowhere". I loved it there. I moved because of the inconvenience of everything being so far away, the lack of work and for Prince Charming to finish his education.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

Thursday Thirteen Participants

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of places! And to think, I've never lived outside of Columbus. :-)

My 13 are up!

Anonymous said...

Those are alot of places to have lived! I would really love to see Newfoundland, it looks like a really pretty place!

Anonymous said...

Some of those places are really pretty! Can I do thursday thirteen??

Anonymous said...

Great list and great pictures! The moose really did it for me. Our family estate is up in New Hampshire (few short miles from Canada)

I keep teasing DH saying Moose's don't exist. They are as mystical as unicorns because I have never, ever seen one. (besides in pictures.) I hear they are dumb animals but they must know when I am in town because they hide from me.

Have a great Thursday. -Margie

Anonymous said...

you've moved around a lot - as have I! I lived 13 different places in my 20s!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You've lived around some cool places. We've moved and lived all over the US. Fun at times, but it gets tiring. Especially with kids to drag around, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've only lived in 3 places. And the photos were great!

Enjoy your Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Some of these look quite spectacular. Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Those are some gorgeous places you've lived. I really like the places by the lake. So pretty and peaceful. Thanks for visiting, and Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

guess you like cananda!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I loved seeing these pictures and reading about places that aren't familiar to me -- except for Gander...I read about that place in the book "The Day the World Came to Town." Highly recommend it, too. ;)

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! Got it up and running!

Anonymous said...

You've lived in some lovely places.

Have a great Thursday.

Anonymous said...

I've only ever been to Toronto (3 months), but some of those other places look incredible; seeing those photos makes me want to pack up and go back now!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never lived anywhere else but here.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have never visited any of those, but hope to some day :)

Great T13, I always love ones with pictures, LOL

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Wow!
You really moved alot. Some places you moved to more than once!
St Johns looks nice, I hope you are happy there...
I enjoyed the pictures.
Great TT
My TT is up
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I love these kinds of TT's. What a glimpse into your past. Here's hoping any more moves are happy ones to lovely places.

Cindi
My TT is up and running

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all those wonderful pictures and hearing of where you have lived. I must do the Thursday Thirteen next week!!

Twitter