Sep 13, 2005

When I grow up, I want to be like Johnny

I just saw a program about Johnny Cash and his love for June. I want our love to be like that. Their love was incredible. A year before he died he was in his living room, strumming his guitar for an actor and he apologized and said that he was waiting for June to come back to get his nerve up to sing. He depended on her so much. They had a wonderful enduring love that lasted 35 years.

In a small way, my love for Josh is like that. I depend on him to keep me sane (yes, be afriad without him I am MUCH worse). He is my strength, my support, and my love. I only hope I can be half as much to him as he is to me.

Once upon a time, he gave me flowers every day and told me constantly how beautiful I was. And I was thrilled. These days he makes sure I take care of myself and suprises me with dinner and a video and I am thrilled. His gestures of love may be a little less grand and romantic but when he puts his arms around me late at night or when he yells at me because he is worried about me, I hear the underlying message that he loves me and I am thrilled.

When we grow up, I want our marriage to be like Johnny Cash and June Carter.

No comments:

Twitter