Sep 21, 2005

Pondering Changes

I never mentioned before but Twisted Cinderella has a friend, Notsosnowwhite, who has been living (and moving) with us for the last three years. For three years she has been my television watching buddy, my dieting buddy, and my binging buddy. We share books, clothes and movies so much we often can't remember who owns what.

But now, Notsosnowwhite is striking out on her own. I feel like a mother sending her teenage child off to college, I am happy for her and a slightly more empty nest will be good for Prince Charming and I, but I worry about her and if she will be okay and I will miss her too. My shows won't be nearly as fun without discussing every minute detail with her.

For the last few days, as I have been packing it feels a little like a divorce. I get custody of the black jeans but she demands custody of the shiny black tank top. As we tear our lives apart into two separate parts, I am reminded of all the things that will be changing. No more fanatically discussing American Idol and our favorite choices for who should win Big Brother. No more obsessing together over food, diet and exercise. And I am sad. Somehow I don't see Prince Charming, lord of the remote control, filling in as my shopping, dieting, and television buddy.

I am a little excited about having time alone with Prince Charming but then I feel guilty about that. I shouldn't be excited when I am going to be leaving my friend behind. But then again, not living with an old married couple will do wonders for Notsosnowwhite's social life too.

I guess this is two less than witty posts in a row. No, don't run away, I promise I won't keep boring you to death. I guess I will have to think up something to make my post more entertaining . . . mmm. . . . maybe a joke? Did you hear about the one with the guy in a boat?

No comments:

Twitter