Sep 17, 2005

Somehow they think I'll move again!

Okay, so my friends and family don't think I know how to live in one place. (Gee I am 33 and have moved 34 times in my life . . . I wonder where they got that idea?) Even Prince Charming has questioned me. The thing is, I remember school. I remember being consistently the new kid. I remember losing friends and eventually not making new ones. I can't, WON'T do that to the Little Princess. So I know, deep in my heart, that THIS is the last time. It has to be. I can't do this to the Little Princess. I won't have her growing up that way. I understand why people question me, but I guess I will just have to prove them wrong.

You just watch, I will be so determined that should a hurricane come our way, I will be one of those crazy people refusing to leave my home. I will be 99 and still living on my own in that same house just to prove some people wrong who have long since passed away and had no idea I was proving anything to them anyway.

The way I see it, when other people run into troubles, they don't move, right? Other people have lists of solutions that don't involve moving across the province, country, or city, right? I can do this. I can live in one town forever. I can make a home for my family. Whatever happens this is it.

I will make it my mantra, "I am not going anywhere else. I am not going anywhere else. I am not going anywhere else. " If you pass me on the street, ignore the mumbling I am trying to reprogram my brain to believe I can do something I have never done in my whole life. Come on guys, tell me you believe me. I need someone to have some faith that as crazy as I am I am capable of making a good home for my daughter, in one town. One town where she can have a bestest friend at her wedding that she met in Kindergarten.

No comments:

Twitter