Sep 17, 2005

I admit it, I am a bad Mommy

We had a rough night with the 3 1/2 year old Little Princess. And I rediscovered something about myself. I am a bad mommy. I am not strong enough to let her cry when she is in bed. When she is in her room all puffy and sobbing I will do almost anything I can to stop the tears. I turn into an overeager teenager trying desperately to impress the cool kid. Do you want this? Will this help? How about this? All I want is for her tears to stop and for her to be happily asleep.

Prince Charming gets stubborn and says there is nothing wrong, she has been fed, she is comfortable, and she is three years old. There is no reason I have to keep going in there. And in my head, I know he is right. She does need to learn that she is not the one pulling the strings. The problem is that if she wakes me up crying at 3 in the morning. She is indeed most definitely, absolutely, the boss. She has me at her beck and call until she is happy and no longer crying. Thank God she is an usually happy kid, she likes going to bed and she doesn't cry going to bed nearly enough to have discovered this conclusion on her own.

Can you imagine our house if The Little Princess discovered she that she had the power to have me at her back and call every night?? Oh god, please don't tell her my dirty little secret. I can't stand to hear her cry in her bed.

Hello, my name is Twisted Cinderella and I am a bad mommy.

No comments:

Twitter