Sep 14, 2005

Stop the World, I want to get off!!

Okay, so since I know you were all waiting breathlessly to find out where we decided to move, I thought I should let you know. (No, don't disillusion me from my belief that you live vicariously through my blog. I am happy in my little dreamworld) We decided NOT to move to the Ass End of Nowhere (read also as dh's hometown) instead we will be moving to The Slightly More Populated Almost Ass End of Nowhere (45 minutes from said hometown). Having come to this decision we thought it best to inform our respective parents.

I phoned my father with some trepidation, knowing that he hasn't approved of my last 3 moves and would like me to just go where he lives. He completely shocks me and tells me he thinks this is a wonderful idea! WHAT???? YOU APPROVE?? Okay who are you and what have you done with my father. No complaining or disapproving silences? Nothing?? Just approval. Being so excited that he was happy that I wanted to pee myself, I didn't think I could handle this revelation with the calm cool demeanor he expected. So I hung up and handed the phone to Prince Charming.

Now my father in law has not approved of anything Prince Charming has dones since he brought home his less than charming ex-hooker girlfriend (and no that wasn't me silly one), so we expected more of the usual retoric about how he is ruining life and has no idea how to act like a grownup. And . . . HE APPROVED!!! Not did he approve, he is coming in town and will help us move! This is a new record, we have never in our whole life made both our parents happy at the same time. When I got pregnant, his parents thought it was too soon, my parents were thrilled. Ditto for our wedding. When we moved back to Newfoundland, my parents thought it was a horrible idea, his parents were thrilled. So this whole thing about making both our parents happy at the same time, was a confusing new development for us. But we hung up the phone and luxuriated in the warmth of parental approval and set a time frame for our move.

We decided that the end of November would be a good time to move. It would give us 2 months to pack and save money for our move. Moving a whole house of furniture is expensive, having moved 33 times in my life, I should know. Wonderful, lots of time to prepare and get ready.

But then . . . we got a call from my sister in law. She is moving away with her own Prince and little prince and has a whole house of furniture that she is not taking and would I be interested in having hers instead of mine. So we pretend to ponder this decision. Mmmm . . . . lets see no moving expense, free furniture. That sounds good. We have a broken bed and one dresser, she has a complete bedroom suite and another bed as well as 3 dressers. She has an entertainment center and we have a wonderful state of the art tv on a trunk look. Gee, I think maybe this might be a GREAT opportunity for us. We try to sound appropriately hestitant as we jumped all over her idea. Now, we are giving our furniture to a friend who is getting her first place and we get grown up furniture. Woohoo!

But she says, that she needs us to take it, in October. OCTOBER?????? THAT SOON??? There goes our end of November plan. Suddenly after one phone call, I have a whole house full of furniture and my father in law will be here next month because, I am moving in 3 weeks!!! 3 WEEKS!!! AAAAAAAAACCCCKKK!!! OMG! I am so dumbstruck and confused I don't know what I am saying. Bob, crashed halfway through typing this and I had no idea what I had said.

Sorry, if this dragged on a little long, but did I tell you . . . I am moving in THREE WEEKS!!!!!

No comments:

Twitter