May 3, 2009

Judging Amy

As I mentioned before, I have been watching old episodes of the show, "Judging Amy". I didn't watch it when it was on and I have been enjoying watching it now. But then I found out that Amy was going to have a miscarriage. I was instantly nauseous. I suddenly found myself with four episodes on the DVR as I procrastinated watching the next few episodes, as if in some way, if I avoided watching, I could keep her pregnant, I could keep her from experiencing the horrible pain that I did and I wouldn't have to watch it. Now, I am not crazy, I know this is tv-land and none of this actually happened. And when it didn't happen was a long time ago. But I just couldn't get myself to watch the episode leading up to her miscarriage and I couldn't delete them and say I was just not going to watch them either. So this weekend, I watched them. I sat down and through my tear-soaked eyes, I watched her experience the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. It was awful, but I did it. Now I will see her get stronger and move on. I live in hope that she will get pg again one day, but seeing as how I am near the end of the series, I doubt it. I have no idea why I chose to blog about this, but I am sitting here in a whirlwind of overwhelming emotions and I just needed somewhere to let a little of them out. So you were my victims. I promise to have some shiny happy posts sometime soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

*sigh* I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on my worst enemy... (If I had an enemy...)

Twitter