May 1, 2009

Had to share

I have a headache again today. It sucks, and makes it hard to blog, but there it is.

I did want to share this poem that Princess Belle brought home today. Prince Charming read it and then shared it with me. It made me smile and so I thought I would share it with you. (I have to say, I have always loved Poetry. I can remember poems that I read as a child that still resonate with me today.)


My Teacher Sees Right Through Me

by Bruce Lansky
I didn’t do my homework.
My teacher asked me, “Why?”
I answered him, “It’s much too hard.”
He said, “You didn’t try.”

I told him, “My dog ate it.”
He said, “You have no dog.”
I said, “I went out running.”
He said, “You never jog.”

I told him, “I had chores to do.”
He said, “You watched TV.”
I said, “I saw the doctor.”
He said, “You were with me.”

My teacher sees right through my fibs,
which makes me very sad.
It’s hard to fool the teacher
when the teacher is your dad.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Too funny! I too love poetry. I used to write it but I've not let myself do it lately for some reason. Maybe I should start again. I did love it.

Twitter