May 6, 2009

Eavesdropping on Her Fun


Sometimes when Princess Magpie is in her crib awake, I like to mute the sounds of the house and sit on the couch, with my head leaned back and just listen to her. I love the little conversations she has with "Dada" and the little growling noises she makes at her toys, and the little grunting noises she makes when she is trying to move around the crib, or her sound of satisfaction when she turns on her Ocean's Aquarium. It is beautiful, and sweet, and happy, and calming, and wonderful to listen to my happy little baby, enjoying her world, all on her own, completely unaware that down stairs, Mommy is sitting quietly and eavesdropping on her fun.

4 comments:

Julie said...

When we lived in Portland, we had a nice, enclosed backyard. I used to stand at the kitchen window and watch the kids play when they didn't know I was... I LOVED it! :D

Tasha said...

How sweet!

Emily said...

I love to listen to my children play in their beds too!

kewkew said...

Oh, yes, definitely! I love listening in on the children, especially when they are younger like that. Now, most of the time I find them bickering. Gotta work on that.

Twitter