Jul 30, 2006

Procrastination or Genius at work

My Prince Charming is the love of my life. That being said he has one trick that he has mastered to a degree that would put scholars to shame. He can procrastinate with the best of them. He has trick to such a fine art that he has me trained to do anything I need done in a hurry myself (see there is an evil mind at work there).

Like dishes. Once when we were dating and he was still trying to impress me, he was washing dishes in the kitchen. He had a technique that drove me out of my mind. He would take one dish off of the counter, put it in the sink and then wander around complaining that he didn't want to do the dishes. The he would wash it, sit down, sigh, complain some more and so on so that after 2 hours of washing supper dishes for two, I went in and took over. And at that is the moment I made the mistake. I uttered those words which sealed my fate of dishpan hands. I told him that if he changed the kitty litter and took out the garbage, I would do the dishes from now on.

Fair trade? maybe . . . except we no longer have a cat! (see evil genius at work here) And we moved. Garbage now has to be taken out in the morning. But . . . . Prince Charming is not a morning person. So, while he sleeps peacefully in his bed I take out the garbage!

So lets recap here. I am still doing dishes . . . he no longer changes kitty litter . . . and I take out the garbage . . . . Wait just a darned minute here! Something is wrong with this picture. Nope don't adjust your sets people what you think you see is indeed what you see, Twisted Cinderella has a great big sign on her forhead that says, "chump" in big bold letters.

But I love him. He works hard every day at school. And if I have to tell him I want things done fifteen times and then do them myself because he is either a procrastinating genius or has the attention span of a puppy, well that's okay. I can live with that. It does make me laugh sometimes though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I have another word for this creative genius! It's called "man". I think your prince charming and mine both read the user's manual! WE of course never get around to the manual because WE don't have time to read it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your blog really brightened my day & made me smile - THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Ever heard the term "slippery slope"? Sounds like you're sliding, LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL! This happens to the best of us....I have just agreed to take over all the bill paying again...As I can get it done in an organized way....

Anonymous said...

Such a cute digital scrapbook page of the little Princess.

My husband is similar with getting things done. He doesn't really procrastinate, but he's just so darn slow I can't stand it and I have to jump in and complete the task for him.

I bet I'd have a lot less work to do if I just learned some more patience, huh.

Anonymous said...

He's got you trained girl!

Btw, I'd be getting a cat.

Anonymous said...

Speaking from someone who knows hims... I think he is 60% evil genius and 40% lazy bum. But the numbers are rapdily changing...LOL. hehehe... Dont tell him, he'll "kill" me

Notso

Twitter