Apr 13, 2009

Homeschooling Curriculum

I am preparing for homeschooling this fall. I will soon be sending my application to the board of education.

I have chosen a curriculum that I would prefer and I have a backup should my preference be less likely to get approved. I am concerned that an eclectic curriculum I put together myself be hard to get approved.

I would like to do a curriculum based on the Complete Canadian Curriculum (including the publishers Math, English, and Science book ) (http://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Canadian-Curriculum-Popular-Editorial/dp/1897164300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238003314&sr=1-1) and includes unit studies and workbooks covering the topics found on Curriculum Guide found here (http://www.worldbook.com/wb/Students?curriculum)

If after talking to Home School Legal Defence Association of Canada (which I am joining this week) I find out that the Board of Education would be more likely to approve a completely purchased curriculum I am going to purchase http://www.accelerated-achievement.com/overview.htm) and supplement it with unit studies and workbooks.

So, I have a first choice and a second choice for curriculums depending on what will be most likely to grant me approval to start homeschooling my girl.

I really would like to be able to do the first one. I want her curriculum to be personalized for her. I want to cover everything that needs to be covered in a flexible manner that will work with someone with her ADHD difficulties.

4 comments:

Julie said...

so excited for you about this! i hope that the first choice gets accepted no problem! :)

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I would love to be able to home school mine! Best of luck to you. I can't wait to hear all of your success!!!

Shannon said...

Wow! Yikes... if I had to get approval I don't know if I would be homeschooling... really, I would be intimidated beyond belief. Thank God we don't have to do that in Texas!!! Hope it goes smoothly for you!!

Julie said...

You have to get your curriculum approved? We don't have to do that... Oregon is one of the easiest states to homeschool in (thank goodness! *lol*).

Hope your first choice gets approved!

Twitter