Apr 28, 2009

Arrrgh . . . . and happier stuff

I got a call from the school again to find out about Princess Belle's testing (AGAIN!) , so when I got off the phone, I phoned to find out where Princess Belle is on the waiting list for her ADHD developmental testing. She has been on the waiting list since November 2008 and she will not get in for her testing until DECEMBER 2009!!! I am so glad that I am going to be homeschooling! I am so tired of the pressure from the school over things I can do nothing about. I am doing my best here. We are working with her. She is improving at home and in the meantime, I have to wait to get her testing to make her diagnosis official. The school constantly calling isn't helping at all.

And they are so disorganized. We have give permission again and again for them to call and check on the status on the waiting list themselves, but every time, they ask us to give the same written permission again for them to call and check on the testing and to try to hurry it up, only to have them forget about it and not call.

As her mother, I have more invested in this. I can call. I won't forget. And, when she is having a rough day, I will deal with it as best I can. As a homeschooled kid, our world will change. the pressures from school will go away and we will work together to make this whole experience better for her.

As an example, this morning before school, I sat down with her. She practiced her reading by reading me a story at the level she is learning in school. Then she wrote in her journal. She got ready fast, she did amazing in her work, she even had time to relax before school. And today they call from school telling me they are having a rough time and want to hurry up the testing. I wish they would just send her home now and let me finish the year out.

I just keep telling myself, just two more months and she is all mine; to educate, to mold, to play with, to have fun with, to love. Two more months . . . I can do it, right?

First Day at the Park for this Year

On a happier, less stressful note, we all went to the park yesterday. It was fun. I of course took lots of pics as I always do on our first park day of Spring. Prince Charming brought bubbles and they were a huge hit. We brought the puppy and Princess Magpie, both of whom mostly sat quietly and watched the excitement from the sidelines.













3 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, you can do it for 2 more months! Hang in there! Your park day looks so fun...but still cold to us southerners!

Tasha said...

Hang in there. With homeschooling, you'll have many more happy days like the park!

Julie said...

Uhg! That school stuff sounds like SUCH a headache! Glad it's almost over!

Great park pictures! Looks like fun was had by all!

Twitter