Sep 4, 2006

'Crocodile Hunter' is dead



How sad that is. I mean, I always thought he was a little nuts chasing after these wild animals. But he had an air of invincibility about him. It always seemed that no matter what he did, or what bit him, he would survive because he was just that tough. We were laughing yesterday at his attitude about poisonious things yesterday, his idea that everything would be fine if he could just "poke it with a stick".

His wife doesn't even know yet. How sad is it that the whole world knows, but she was unavailable. I would be heartbroken. I have seen so many times on the show the kind of man he was. How much he loved his wife Terri and his kids. How much he loved and wanted to protect the animals of Australia. He was a good man with a dangerous job and it sad to see him die at the age of 44.

In other news, on the home front, Prince Charming said something nice yesterday. I was saying that I kinda felt like I should go back to work again so that I can contribute to the house, he said that I take care of things right now more than he does. He said that while he is taking care of our future (by going to school to better himself) I am taking care of our present (by taking care of our house, our bills, our daughter, groceries, etc.) What a sweet thing to say. He said that right now he feels like I contribute more than he does. And when he said that, I told him that if I am taking care of the now and he is taking care of the later than both contributions are equally important. But I love that he appreciates me.

My best friend leaves tomorrow at the crack of dawn to go back home. I will miss her but it has been fun. I took lots and lots of pics. The last two times we saw each other, we had almost no pics and I was determined that this time no matter what happened, I would take lots of pics. I want to have pics to look back and reminisce when she is home and I am wishing we could sit together and watch a movie and drink our coffee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TC...thanks for stopping by my late night sunday funnies...I see that you have had company...nice to have old friends come by.
Yes, we were saddened to see that the Crocodile MAN was gone. He did seem like he never would die especially by an animal but guess he just got to close this time. I imagine his wife knew that sometime this was going to happen.
Again thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sad to see your friend head home. Sounds like you've had a great time this weekend.

Yeah, isn't the news on Steve Irwin a shocker? I still can't believe it, so freaky of an accident. I guess though, this would be the way he'd want to go. But not at 44.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even checked the news yet today so I had NO idea that the Crocodile hunter died!!!!! I am totally sad. totally. I really enjoyed watching that guy...

Twitter