Jan 16, 2009

Spin Cycle: Rhyme Time

Spin Cycle:

For this poem I wrote about the many years I had to wait for my beautiful youngest daughter to arrive. I had to wait for 5 long years of trying and failing. She and her sister are my greatest joys.

But after reading I realized that the same words could have been written about waiting for my husband too. I was 28 years old, lonely and had given up on ever finding the man that was meant for me. I had moved on. I had decided that I was going to live my life alone and was pursuing a future that way. Then along came Prince Charming, the most romantic, sweet, loving, kind-hearted man I have met. And I am forever grateful that when I stopped looking for him, he came looking for me.

Worth the Wait

I had a dream that you would be
I had a dream that you would come to me
And though you took your own sweet time
You were worth the hills I had to climb

When I am tired and feeling sad
I just remember the times that I had
I remember how long I had to wait
Leaving your arrival at the hands of fate

I love you more than you can ever know
I love you more than I can ever show
But no matter what the years may do
My love for you will carry me through.

9 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Such a beautiful poem! The love just leaps off the screen. Linked!

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully touching poem!!!

Pseudo said...

Came from Sprite's and love your poem. The love is so genuine in your lines.

I also met my husband at 28, not looking, and was heading on to independent pursuits.

Anonymous said...

It's lovely...

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Shangrila said...

Not only is your poem very touching (my eyes welled up), but your entire website is lovely! Very sweet!

Fran said...

I met my Prince Charming at the age of 26 (a little Long in the tooth as they would say). I also didn't think I would find my soul mate. After 2 beautiful girls (one is spriteskeeper) and two beautiful grandchildren I'm living my Happy Ever After. On Jan 6th is 35 wonderful years.
Great poem right from your heart. Thank you for shearing your poem with us.

jen said...

lovely...
and with the picture of those toes behind it ... perfectly fitting.

Twitter