Jan 11, 2009

I tried to think . . .

I am stuck for a post today. I have waited and waited but nothing comes to mind. I thought of things but they all sounded too darned depressing to burden you with.

I thought of telling you how after stepping on one puppy puddle too many last night, I sat on the floor and cried. But seriously . . . do you really want to hear about that? It just feels like I am not at all on top of things. My house is a mess, my floors are a disaster that I need clean, to which my puppy has now added little balls of fur. My Christmas decorations are STILL up. Princess Belle has scattered toys over half the living room floor. I am so darrrned tired I can't get through the day without a nap and the puppy puddles just seemed like one more thing added to the pile of things I am not getting done. (don't worry, I cleaned them up eeewwww)

I thought about telling you how my kitchen is completely claustrophic and I am trying desperately to get Procrastinating Prince Charming to move a cabinet into the basement for me to use for storage so that I can breath in my kitchen. But then . . . do you really want to hear that.

I thought of telling you about the disaster that Princess Belle has once again created in her room. I swear, if you went in there you would ask me if I go the number of the theives who tore through the place, or if I just needed some hurricane relief. Again, I just can't get in there to get it clean. It seems hopeless because I know the minute I turn my back Hurricane Princess will strike again and scatter toys from one end to the other, in a whirlwind of misheard lyrics sung at the top of her lungs.

I thought of how Princess Belle has taken to lying when she is afraid she is going to get into trouble, and how I have no idea how to break her of that. But then, how is sharing that with you guys going to solve anything? You know?

But then I thought of how after my little flipout last night (which involved no violence at all) our little puppy seems to have gotten the message and has had no accidents at all today.

I thought of how Princess Belle insists on giving everyone a hug goodnight before going to bed, even the puppy. How for some unknown reason, at 6 years old, she ate some dogfood yesterday and I had to leave Prince Charming to tell her about it because I had to walk away because I didn't want her to know that I was laughing so hard. How she spent 20 minutes being silly for her baby sister just so she could hear Princess Magpie's little giggles.

I thought of last night at the height of my stress, how I picked up Princess Magpie and cuddled her and looked at her big brown eyes and her long eyelashes and her little chubby cheeks and her big grin and she made me feel better. My thought was when things are at their worst, "take two cuddles and call me in the morning". She is better than any pill.

I am exhausted. I haven't ovulated in months and I don't know how I am going to get pg that way, but I have a beautiful family that I love to care for. This too shall pass. In the meantime, I still haven't thought of anything to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a decent sized post for someone who can't think of anything to share. *lol*

I think cuddles are better than pills any day!!!! :D

Twitter