Jan 19, 2009

Adventures with Princess Belle


Let me set the scene. I am in the living room feeding Princess Magpie while Prince Charming is checking his email. We hear Princess Belle hollar down the stairs all in a panic, "MOM! The water in the toilet is coming up and up and it won't go down!!" We holler back up the stairs, (yes we are the very models of decorum in our house LOL) "Don't worry, daddy will come in up in a few minutes and take care of it. Just go on and play." Then I set to finishing feeding the baby. After I was done, Prince Charming wasn't finished with his email so I headed up to check on the potty. When I looked in the toilet, she had put an ENTIRE ROLL of toilet paper (A DOUBLE SIZED COSTCO ROLL!), piece by piece into the potty and then had tried to plunge it. then she had taken a pencil and drawn pictures into a little note trying to explain what had happened. I was completely unable to translate her sancrit writing so, I asked her, "WHAT were you trying to do? I told you daddy would fix it." She stood there, head hanging, fully expecting to get in trouble and said, "I thought Daddy would need some help so I put the toilet paper in to soak up all the water." I had to laugh.

She figured it this way, the toilet was filled with too much water. The toilet paper goes down the toilet. The toilet paper also soaks up water. Thereby her genius plan was fill the toilet with paper, flush it and all the mess would go away.

I reassured her that her intentions were good and she wasn't in trouble but she wasn't to do it again. Next time, she has to wait for Daddy.

4 comments:

Messy Jess said...

how adorable!

The Estrogen Files said...

grin!!

Anonymous said...

YOu handled that better than I would have... Sadly, when it comes to things like toilets, I have no patience. *sigh*

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Waaahaaaa! I love this! Hilarious kid!

Twitter