Sep 4, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #62

Thirteen Things on Twisted Cinderella's Mind
  1. Princess Belle started her first day of Grade One yesterday. She did well. She was under the impression that there would be toys and play time like there was in kindergarten though. I think she handled the news that there was more work in Grade one very well.
  2. I took Princess Mag-pie in to get checked out and to get a shot yesterday. She measured in the 73rd percentile for height and 28th percentile for weight. She has gained 2 lbs 2 oz in the last two weeks. She is doing so well. I am loving it. She hardly cried when she got her needle. She weighs 10bls 5 oz now and she was 6 weeks yesterday.
  3. I found it funny that they said she was in the 28th percentile for weight. She seems so big compared to Princess Belle. It is effected by her being very tall for her age but she just seems so cute and pudgy to me. I guess that is what comes from having a 4 lb 12 oz baby first.
  4. She also had her first bath the other day. (she had been having sponge baths as I was waiting for the thing you put in baths for newborns.) I decided to put a towel in the tub and fold it up to make a basis for her to lie in the tub. It worked really well. She didn't cry at all. Not even a little bit! I was impressed.
  5. Princess Belle was at the bus stop today and then came all the way home from the bus stop to tell me good-bye again. I said good-bye and then asked her if she needed a hug. She said yes. So I hugged her and sent her off to school. Silly girl.
  6. Princess Mag-pie is doing amazingly well. Most nights she will sleep between 5 and 7 hours before waking up. She wakes up every two hours for the rest of the day after that.
  7. She is a lot like her sister, in that she has sensitive skin. Poor thing. Princess Belle has spent most of her life with a rash somewhere or the other.
  8. Princess Mag-pie still insists on being swaddled when she is sleeping and when she isn't swaddled she keeps rolling over and getting stuck on her belly. She gets frustrated then and I have to come rescue her. Silly girl.
  9. I have been doing a lot of rearranging in our house. I put two shelves in the kitchen and rearranged the way things work.
  10. I rearranged the living room to make it a much more workable space. I could still do with less furniture in there, but all in all, it has a much better traffic flow.
  11. I have been given a lot of great stuff lately for the house and for the baby. I love my neighbours and freinds.
  12. I have decided not to spend so much time organizing Princess Belle's toys. She only dumps them out on the floor anyway. It drives me crazy. I am going to go through her room, toss the things I think she doesn't need and then just put all the toys into a toy box. When she is older and more likely to keep things organized, I will do that for her.
  13. Princess Belle is in love with helping with her sister. so much so that she over does it sometimes, "helping" when the baby is sleeping and such. But she is so good-hearted and loving that I just explain that she has to wait until the baby is awake to help.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

3 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

Starting First Grade is a big step for mom as well as kids. Wow. My sons just started "new" schools too. Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Wow, time flies. They are sure growing up since I last stopped in. Definitely do not organize the toys too much, chalk it as a lesson we all learn.
Have a great Thursday and if you wish pop by my TT at The Cafe at the END of the Universe & Mama Bear Reads.

Anonymous said...

After Amanda was born I had a hard time getting the kids to keep their hands off her while she was sleeping. *lol* (They were 5, 3, and 22 months at the time) ... I was glad they adored her, but I REALLY wanted her to sleep as long as her body needed it! *rofl*

Twitter