Mar 13, 2007

The Sounds of My Life


I love the sounds of my house. As I sit here, I can hear Prince Charming talking to our best friend on the phone, I can hear Little Princess singing and dancing to some show that she is watching on Treeh*use. She stops suddenly and hollers down over the stairs, "I love you, Momma!" and then goes on her way. She just felt the need to let me know that before she went back to singing. It was a one-second stop and it made us both happy.

There are so many happy sounds in my house and so many happy moments. Little thing that happen every day that I cherish every time. When I give Little Princess her antibiotics for her ear infection, I sit her on the counter and tell her how amazing she is when she puts the medicine I measured into her own mouth. She is so proud. The I lean over and tell her to hug me. I wrap my arms around her and hug her tight swinging her around, telling her every time that this is my favorite part of giving her medicine. She laughs and hugs me back every time.
I am sitting in the living room watching "Just One Bite" and she comes over and says, "Cuddle cuddle", with her precious lovey in her hand. I move my arm and say, "Sure, come on up." And she backs up to the chair waggling her little butt, shifting and wiggling and backing up into my arms. As she gets there, she snuggles down and cuddles into my arms and she sighs this big sweet sound of contentment. And hold her just a little tighter and smile. Sometimes, being a mom is the best job in the world

She is playing in her room and yells down to me, "Mommy, I want to watch Grease. The one with the Oooo ooo ooo!" I yell back up, "The one where he is singing to Sandy?" (Translations, she wants Grease not Grease 2) and she jumps up and down excitedly, "Yeah that one! I love that movie!" and I smile at her enthusiasm for a movie I have loved since I was a teenager myelf. She trots off and I soon hear the sounds of Grease being sung in a five year old voice and I am happy.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's always great seeing new faces :)

Have a great day.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Goodness. That is precious.
I love when they just spread the love willingly...

Thanks for coming over...and commenting. I really appreciate that.

Unknown said...

Congrats on being featured in the 1st T13-Carnival, Cindy! Being a mom is definitely the best job in the world =)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Congrats on being featured in teh first Thursday Thirteen carnival. Being a mom is the best job in the world, even when they have grown to 29.

TeaMouse said...

You are blessed with a lovely prince and princess!

Twitter