Mar 12, 2007

Monday mumblings

Well it certainly feels like a Monday morning this morning. Little Princess got up at about 2:30 in the morning and refused to go back to bed. She sat in her room and played and made a racket but didn't go back to bed. At about 4:30 or 5 in the morning I finally got it out of her that she had wet her bed and didn't want to get back into it. The goofy kid didn't TELL me! I changed her bed and she went right to sleep. I phoned the day care and told them that she would definitely not be in today. I figure I was doing them a favor because with the amount of sleep that she had she would more resemble a dragon than a princess! And now I am feeling like I have a hangover headache and I don't even have the fun memories to make it all worth it!

Weight Loss

I am doing okay food wise. I am eating healthy, everything is whole, low-fat foods. I have been eating almost no pasta and rice. But loads of veggies and tofu and fruit and soy milk and all kinds of healthy stuff. Who knows what the scales will say, but in the meantime, I am doing my part.

Exercise

Being as tired as I am today, I do NOT see a lot of exercise happening. Unless you count trips to the kitchen for coffee and ibuprofen, I just don't see me making that effort. I am a bad girl and will do better tomorrow.

Vegetarian

I made the best vegetarian chili last night. Chili is one of those foods that you can make vegetarian and not miss the meat at all. It was just so yummy and fillling and satisfying. I didn't get a picture but you will just have to believe me that it was nice and colorful and aromatic as well.





Rosie
I have to say, I have been a Rosie fan since her show but lately I find myself losing respect for her and her opinions more and more. In her role on The View, she seems to more and more be saying these outrageous comments (Rosie and Kelly and Rosie and American Idol) that I don't agree with and she voices her opinions in ways that I sometimes find insulting to those that she is referring to. I have always had respect for the show The View as well, it was a good forum for honest opinions to be aired and for a number of different types of women to come together and give us the value of a variety of opinions. But is seems as though Rosie is overshadowing this. As I said, it makes me sad. I have always loved Rosie, I was saddened when her show ended and I loved to read about her triumphs and her marriage in the paper. But lately all that is being overshadowed by the fact that her role on The View is making me like her less and less as a person and isn't that the saddest thing of all?


8 comments:

Amanda Bindel said...

Sorry for your rough night! Relax some today. :-) That veggie chili sounds delish!

Krista said...

Do send the chilli recipe. I would love one with low points etc. I hope all your work starts showing soon!

Shane H. said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog...Shane Shares. I've enjoyed looking around here. You've got quite the sense of humor.

Melli said...

Hmmmm... seems like Little Princess and I were keeping the same kind of hours this morning! I, too, woke up at 2:30 .... but I didn't wet my bed! I did TRY to go back to sleep -- but at 4:30 I gave up and came downstairs! I went BACK to bed at 8:30... and then got up to go to Curves by 11:00! I HATE it when that happens! And all because I was really TIRED last night and went to bed at 8:30... *sigh*... I won't let THAT happen again! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Little Princess and you had such a rough night. It's good you kept her home from school.LOL! You crack me up, I couldn't see her as cranky as a dragon, she looks like such a sweet angel. Hope you two had a great relaxing day. :)

Margaret said...

Awww, we all get those nights now and then. But poor you! On a Monday and right after they go and steal an hour away from us for Daylight Savings time. (If you had to do that.)

Sounds like you're doing great on your diet! I'll have a tomato croquette recipe up tomorrow. This one I've included ham - but, I've made with spinach and tomatoes also and it's very yummy.

You may wanna use whole wheat crackers for the breading and allow a night of a bit of carby treats.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh ick and yuck... no sleep, wet beds, cranky kids...and that Daylight Savings madness to confuse us all just a little bit too!
Hopefully the rest of the day went well?

Anonymous said...

We will do much better this week and have a loss next weekend! :-)

Twitter