Mar 6, 2007

Tuesday Talk

Sick

It is so hard to be a good dieter when you are sick. I have been a good vegetarian but not so much a good dieter. I have been just so miserable the last couple of days I have troubles bringing myself to care about weight. ugh.

Car

So apparently my car insurance is going to cost about 5 1/2 months rent! It is because I haven't been insured and driving for the last 3 years. That really sucks! I am going to see about maybe putting the car in my father-in-laws name and see if putting him down as the main driver and me down as the second will make any difference. Because that is a CRAZY amount to pay!!!!
Friends
I have a friend who is pregnant and having a hard time. She is on my mind as she nears the end of her pregnancy and this beautiful little baby boy comes into the world. He has some medical concerns that may or may not be significant. We will not know until he is born. She is on my mind a lot as the end of the pregnancy brings on the usual stressors and then more with this additional concern.

Grease

A couple of days ago, I introduced Little Princess to the wonder that is Grease. She loved it! I had to smile as I watched her shake her little booty to the songs and ask why Danny was sad at the drive in. It was adorable to hear her singing. And to top it off, she asked to watch it again before going to be today. I love that I can pass along my love of that movie to her.

Supper Plans

Here is my plan for supper today:

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Chili (WW CORE)

If you're a Weight Watcher, this is 3 points for a 2 cup serving.

4-6 servings
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I don't use it)
1 large onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 green bell pepper, diced
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can spicy vegetable juice
1 (14 ounce) can red beans
1 (14 ounce) can black beans
1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
chili powder
cumin
fresh cilantro

Drain and rinse beans and corn.
Heat oil in a large soup pot.
Add onions, garlic and bell pepper, and cook just until onions are translucent and bell peppers are bright green.
Add tomatoes, vegetable juice, beans, corn, chili powder and cumin. (I use a LOT of chili powder and cumin).
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
More vegetable juice can be added if chili gets too thick.

10 comments:

Kat said...

I didn't work out at all last week because of the flu. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, being sick could be a bonus, if you don't eat. Or if everything comes up.

Amazing Gracie said...

I guess Margarita's aren't on your menu but thanks for stopping in! I lost 130# in 2001 and I appreciate all of your hard work! In your latest photo, you are even holding your head higher! Good luck.
You have an awesome family!!!
~~~Blessings~~~

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to say hi. It's been a while. That chili sounds wonderful. I think I'm gonna try it! I made a crockpot tamale pie last night with vegetarian crumbles. It was delicious!!
Hope all is well with you!!

Unknown said...

Kuddos to you for losing weight. I'm on the road to losine 100lbs. so far. . .i'm 40 pounds down!! Yeah me!!

Just dropping in to say hello. I hope you feel better.

Undercover Angel said...

Grease is a biggy in our house too. My 12 year old son and I watch it all the time together on DVD. He loves it as much as I do and is the only one of the children who will watch it with me.

skatey katie said...

*waves hi from the blog party*
my kiddos just l-o-v-e grease too.
summer lovin' is hubby's and my "first song*

Melli said...

I don't think you should worry about being a "good" dieter when you're sick! When I'm sick I want my comfort foods --- all carbs! Pasta... rice... DONUTS! LOL! See? I'd make a GREAT vegetarian when I'm sick! Just get better! THEN worry about the diet!

GREASE is a great movie! I'm not a bit surprised that Little Princess loves it! I can see her shakin' her booty! hehehe...

Joseph C. Harris said...

feel better soon...thanks for stopping by my blog.

Cory said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick. That sucks!
I'll keep your friend in my prayers, and her little boy.
And it's cool that you got to pass something like that to your daughter!

Twitter