Oct 16, 2006

Monday Memories

I was looking back at old pictures and noticing how I avoided the camera so much because of how i looked. I have so few pictures of my baby and I together because I was overweight and hated how I looked. That is kind of sad. It is sad that because of how I felt about myself, I have denied her the priviledge of seeing how much she was loved by me when she was a baby. I should have been out capturing memories for her. I am the keeper of our past before she can remember and I fell down on the job. She was and still is my world. It is sad that she will have to trust me to tell her that.

Here are some of pics from the past that I do have of us together. And the last one is from this past July.









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I can relate, I have very few pictures of my daughter and I together. Mostly I like to be behind the camera.

Anonymous said...

Even if they are few, they are wonderful.
And I like your earrings in the next to last one!

Anonymous said...

What great pics.The one in the middle where you are looking at each other is very beautiful. I love how looking at old pics bring back great memories.

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I came to terms with my pudge a few years ago. And I couldn't be happier. Your are lovely!!

Anonymous said...

memories are great.

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing. (Deleting anything with my photo in it) I do have a few - but you are so right.

You look beautiful in all of them, really. A Mother's love is beautiful and someday - she'll get to see that Mom took the time to get healthy not only for yourself, but for her. You'll inspire her in many ways. That alone is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful woman - do you realize that the love you have for your daughter is so evident in your eyes.

I can relate about the no pictures though - I hate having my picture taken because of my weight.

Anonymous said...

I'm always behind the camera as well...it's where I belong! :-)

kewkew said...

I can definitely relate. I have very few pictures of myself with the children. I have just recently been trying to rectify that. I can't always be the one behind the camera. I agree with you that the children need memories of me with them.
Love these sweet pictures you shared. So glad you stopped by and shared these on Throwback Thursday Blog-Style.
Your post was randomly selected as this week's featured post! I will be sharing your pictures and linking back here. I hope to see you back again. I can't wait to see what you share.

Twitter