Nov 20, 2005

There really is a difference, I just can't see it

I just saw a commercial that really spoke to me as a mom. The commercial opens with the mother taking a brand new teddy out of the box. She proceeds to beat this poor bear to death, running it over with the van, ripping out his eye and generally just abuses him. Then she puts him in the van and picks up her daughter. The daughter buckles him into his seatbelt, thrilled that her mother has found her precious friend whom she has loved to death and worn out.

I have so been there. On those days that the Little Princess has lost the one bib that is the only bib she can use as a lovey to suck her thumb. Never mind that she has 5 yellow bibs and one green one and to me they look all the same. She needs to have the orange bib. The ORANGE BIB????? She doesn't own an orange bib!? But aahh, you don't understand there is a spot of orange on this yellow bib and that marks it as the special bib of the moment. I can't count the number of times I have turned the house upside down just so I can find a bib that to me looks exactly the same as the other bibs because in order to go to sleep, she must have just the right bib, which is apparently vitally different even if those differences are not apparent to the naked grownup eye.

No comments:

Twitter