Nov 19, 2005

Holding Back

Do you ever censor yourself with regards to what you put in your blog? Are you ever really anxious to post something and then you hold yourself back due to propriety or what you think will interest your blog friends?

When I first started this blog, I made sure that none of my relatives knew about it. The reason was that I knew that I would hold back if they were reading it. I couldn't be open and myself.

But sometimes, even now, I hold back. I think to myself, "Now really, TC, who would want to read that? That really is too much information." Like, the other day, when Prince Charming and I had crazy, wild, hot monkey sex, where it was the middle of the day and we didn't even get completely undressed." This was so incredible that I longed to come right here and sing it from the rooftops. But I held back, because really do you guys really want to know that? I mean, none of you want to hear how for a long time I was depressed and my sex drive was somewhere between low to none. But now, I am back, we are back and I am loving it. I would love to post about it, but would that offend you and send you running for the hills ducking for cover from rain of horror that you have witnessed.

But isn't that the purpose of a blog? Shouldn't it be a place where you feel free to post about whatever is on your mind? Should it be the one place in the world where you are free to be yourself and propriety be damned?

So, do you do that? Do you long to post something but hold back out of a fear that some will find it offensive, horrible, or boring?

No comments:

Twitter