Nov 5, 2005

Mindless Ramblings about The Visit.

Prince Charming is being wonderful and not acting frustrated at my parents visit. I think it is due to the fact that he has his own space. He doesn't have to go to bed when they are tired. He doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to. The only thing he gave up was his bed so that they could sleep in the nice bed in our room and we could sleep on the air mattress on the floor in the office.

The Little Princess is madly in love with her grandparents and she shines every time she sees them. They laugh at her going to bed and singing for 3 hours before going to sleep. They love her enthusiasm and her energy.

I had to laugh. Mom and dad went for a walk after supper and they aren't used to rural living. There were no street lights. It was pitch black. By the time they got to the end of our extremely, very, unbelievably long, driveway, they couldn't see the road. It was too dark for them and they didn't feel comfortable walking any further. They turned around and came right back. I don't know why but it made me giggle a little.

Dad even lay down on the floor and cuddled with her while she watched Rubba Dubbers. Looking at them on the floor together, I was transported back in time to a time when I was small and I too cuddled my father on the floor watching television with him. And looking at him, I know that he was remembering too. It is so sweet to watch grown men fall in love with their grandchildren all over again.

No comments:

Twitter