Nov 27, 2005

Someone Special

I think I am suffering from Country Music Video overdose. Little Princess got stuck on CMT tonight and we sat together cuddling watching videos. There were some really touching videos that made me sentimental and sappy, so be prepared for a sappy post.

Tonight I had Grandma Great in for supper. I was making something different and I wanted to do something for her to thank her in my own way for all the stuff she does for us. Tonight sitting her at the computer, I was struck by how lucky I am. My Mother-in-law is more like a mom2. She cares about me like someone cares about her daughter. I can feel the love she has and I feel blessed. She does so much for us every day, I don't think I could ever thank her for every little thing. But mostly I want to thank her for welcoming me into her life. I want to thank her for being a mother to me for the last 5 years. She has never judged me. She has never made me feel like anything less than part of the family. Grandpa Grumpy may have his flaws, but Grandma Great makes me grateful every day that I am a part of her family. I have so much to thank her for, but most of all I just want to thank her for loving me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! You're very fortunate to have such a loving MIL!

Twitter