Dec 2, 2012

Remind me why again?!

Every now and then I get a good reminder why I am moving out of the city.  Just when I start to question whether or not I am doing the right thing, Princess Belle comes in sobbing about being bullied again, or someone vandalizes something in the neighbourhood, or the police go speeding by sirens blazing AGAIN, or the cab driver explains to me why the house around the corner just got boarded up.  Apparently, this house that I walk past on a fairly regular basis was closed up because nobody wanted to live in it after the current tenant was SHOT during some kind of DRUG confrontation!!!!!  Remind me again what a stellar neighbourhood I live in!!!!!  I am so glad to be leaving the city and going to a more rural area.  I am not crazy, I am not going to pick up and move to another promise based on some changes in homeschooling that MAY happen in two years.  I am willing to stick it out and see how bad it is going to be.  I LIKE Nova Scotia.  It is a lovely place to live.  So we are going to plan our life  here.  The only sticking point is I will not allow my kids to be subjected to standardized testing.  I won't!  I refuse.  Other than that, I will do what I can. 

I will say that I am looking forward to having a house where we will have one place for all our homeschooling paraphernalia to live.  It is frustrating having it poked in jibs and jabs around the house. 

I am also looking forward to having all our kids have someplace appropriate to sleep.  Right now, they are sleeping where we can fit them and it just isn't working. 

On the good side of things, I plan on having our decorations all up today for Christmas and I can't wait.  I LOVE how pretty everything is and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how excited the kids get when they see it.  After using the same tree for more than 10 years, we got a new tree this year.  It is pretty.  It is one of those ones that you have to put each branch in one by one but the result is a beautiful, big, full tree.  I love it!

I have started my annual tradition of watching all the Christmas movies.  I LOVE it.  It makes me feel so warm and happy. 

I recently bought some new containers and there currently, no boxes in my pantry.  Everything is in a container and it looks sooo much better!  And as a side benefit, everything fits better too. 

No comments:

Twitter