Today is Prince Charming's birthday. It started out with giving him his present, which he was surprised by and loved so much he said it was possibly his best birthday present EVER! He is a big fan of chicken with sweet sauces so tonight I am experimenting with a new recipe I think he will love and with birthday raspberry cheesecake since he loves cheesecake!
I like to do something to make his birthday special because he feels like his birthdays were kind of missed out on because his birthday was so close to Christmas. I want to make sure that Princess Snifflefritz doesn't feel that way since her birthday is just 3 days before Christmas.
Here is the chicken I am making!
Grape Jelly Chicken
1 cup grape jelly
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan,combine grape jelly,ketchup,onions,vinegar,& dry mustard.
3. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil and jelly is melted.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange chicken pieces in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
6. Pour sauce evenly over chicken and turn pieces to coat both sides.
7. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, until chicken is very tender.