Apr 15, 2011

Friday Five - My Mom


I was thinking today how much like my mother I have grown to be lately. I feel like I have picked the best parts of my mom and incorporated them into my personality. It is too bad that she can't see beyond certain things to see how much like her I have become. I think if she could open her eyes and really see me, she would be proud of the mother, wife and woman I have become. I am like her in so many ways. Here are five:
  1. I like to dress nice, moving more towards skirts and dresses than pants and jeans as I used to wear.
  2. I like to cook for my family. I take joy in it.
  3. I make our family bread, take care of our house, care for my children, much like she did.
  4. I even carry the same kind of purse she that she always did.
  5. I have her sensitive soul and her propensity for worry as well.
I find it sad that she doesn't really know me anymore. She has never seen her two youngest grandchildren in person. That we talk only occasionally on the phone and even those conversations are strained.

Here is a pic of my mom and dad, truly the kindest people that you would ever know.


2 comments:

Susan Evans said...

It's heartbreaking that your mom doesn't know you...

I'm praying that your relationship can heal. (I need healing in some of my own relationships recently...)

Julie said...

Hope that you two can mend fences...

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter