Mar 14, 2011

My Monday Mumblings


I have been wearing dresses on Princess Snifflefritz. I LOVE how patient she is. She gets tangled up in them when she crawls but she just takes her time and adapts, she doesn't get frustrated. She is such an easy going child. She has even developed this funny butt-stuck-up-in-the-air crawl which makes us laugh



I have been a little concerned about Princess Magpie's eating. She has always been strong-willed but she gotten so picky lately and she is perfectly content to go without food instead of eating something she deems inedible. I worry about her because, although she looks chubbier than her sisters, she isn't really. She is just built differently and she is losing weight lately. I am open to any ideas you guys might have on this.

Another thing (to go along with yesterday's post) that I told Princess Belle is that we would work together to come up with other things to fill our time instead of television and the computer. I know these are handy crutches but they take up entirely too much of our time. So as the weather gets warmer, we will start going out after homeschool every day. And another goal is that by next year, I would like to find things to do out of the house in the winter time. We will be moved by then, so hopefully our options will be wider.

I had a lovely 4 hours sleep last night and even that wasn't in a row. I am tired and grouchy today, but I am trying to put on a happy face. In light of that, I made some healthy Oatmeal Raisin Muffins for breakfast. They smell and taste fabulous!!

For Supper I am trying a new recipe, Beef Skillet Dinner. It was really yummy and inexpensive and easy. It was a huge hit with everyone including the kids. Next time I may use less tomatoes and more salsa, but even as it is, my family loved it.

Oatmeal Raisin Muffins

Ingredients

* 1 1/4 cups Flour
* 1 Tbs. baking powder
* 1 Tsp. Salt
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup uncooked quick Oats
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 egg
* 1 cup water
* 1/3 cup applesauce

How to make it

* Mix in large Bowl: First 4 ingredients
* Stir in oats and raisins
* Beat egg and milk together.
* Add oil
* Add this mixture to Flour mixture
* Stir until dry ingredients are wet leaving batter lumpy
* Fill greased muffin tins have full Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
* Makes 12 Muffins



Beef Skillet Dinner

Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cups brown rice, cooked
1 can beans (I used white kidney beans)
1 cup salsa (I didn't measure)
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 cup shredded lite cheese
1 cup frozen corn

Directions

1. In a large skillet or saucepan, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain, rinse and set aside.

2. In the same saucepan, add the brown rice. Add the browned beef, black beans, salsa, undrained diced tomatoes, ground cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste. Once boiling together, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until it has cooked through. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover until melted.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I remember my niece doing the rear-in-the-air crawling when she wore a dress. *lol* ... My girls usually only wore dresses on Sunday morning, for church. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter