Mar 11, 2011

Friday Five


  1. I actually got to sleep in until 7 am this morning. I was so excited to wake up and see the time on the clock. It is so much nicer than waking up at 5 am after having gotten up several times at night!
  2. I got energetic and moved the couches and vacuumed underneath them today. I also let the girls bring a blanket in the living room and have a picnic for lunch. It was cute and they had fun.
  3. I made muffins yesterday. The girls loved them and they were actually healthy.
  4. Due to Prince Charming's job situation, we had the hassle adventure of trying to shop for groceries with half our usual money to last twice as usual. So, it made for an interesting trip to the grocery store. I think I did okay. I was very frugal and bought things that I could make into things instead of buying premade things.
  5. We did well in homeschool today. After we were done, Princess Belle kept reading the books because she was enjoying them so much.

Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cups instant oats
* 1/2 cup oatbran cereal
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* pinch of salt
* 1 cup applesauce
* 2/3 cup water
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 egg
* 1 cup finely chopped apple
* 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

How to make it

* Mix dry ingredients, add remaining. Batter should be lumpy.
* Fill greased (I use cooking spray) muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
* Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.


1 comment:

Julie said...

I hope the job situation looks up soon!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter