Mar 4, 2011

Comparing Kids

I know you shouldn't compare kids, but every once in a while I am struck anew by just how different my girls are. I have pictures of Princess Belle wearing a bathing suit at 5 1/2 years old and I have pics of Princess Magpie wearing the exact same suit at 2 1/2 years old!!!!! That is a THREE year difference and Princess Magpie fills it out more at 2 1/2 then Princess Belle did at 5 1/2! They are such different girls. Princess Belle was always so easy going and tiny. Princess Magpie is all personality and cuddly curves. There will come a day in the not too distant future when I can see Princess Magpie being big enough to stand up to Princess Belle even though Princess Belle is 6 years older than she is!

Here is the photographic evidence:


On a little extra note, my littlest baby has TAKEN HER FIRST STEPS!!! She is so sweet and growing so fast these days.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I was a lot bigger than my older sisters too, outgrowing dresses they wore in grade six when I was in grade 3. I wasn't a large cild by any means but have a larger frame where they are petite. I had a lot of body issues resulting from this and may be something to keep an eye on :)

Julie said...

My kids come in different shapes and sizes too. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twisted Cinderella said...

Heather, I worry about that sometimes. Princess Belle is so adamant about wanting to be skinny and she has such a twisted way of viewing body image, that I worry it will spread to Princess Magpie who is perfect just the way she is in all her own sweet cuddly ways.

Twitter