Nov 21, 2010

Information about teaching a child with Autism

I was reading a book about teaching kids with Aspergers and Autism and mostly, I found it really depressing (don't worry I didn't let it get me down). It was filled with information on challenges in teaching kids like Princess Belle, but it had little in the way of constructive advice. I already know the challenges I face in teaching her. I have come across them and while it was good to know it wasn't just me, it would have been nicer to have some real constructive information on what has worked for other people and what I can do to make things better for her.

On a sidenote, I am really looking forward to our new curriculum arriving. We are going back to having a schedule that she can see and being a bit more organized. She does a lot better with structure and visual cues. #Autism

No comments:

Twitter