Nov 5, 2010

Collectorz; a TOS Crew Review


As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Crew I was given the opportunity to try out a very useful resource for our homeschooling. Book Collectorz is a downloadable program that will allow you to keep track of all your books, cd's, and dvd's. It is a great idea for the book collector or family that enjoys reading and therefore has a lot of books that they want to keep on hand. Collectorz.com offers easy to use cataloging systems for books, music, movies, comics and video games. Everyone is covered with versions for Windows, Mac OS X and even online.

Basically, the program is pretty intuitive—you can just catalog your book collection by ISBN.
Just enter ISBNs or scan ISBN barcodes, and the program automatically adds book details and cover art. Book Collector key features allow you to:

Try Book Collector Free for 30 days (100 book limit)


You can also catalogue your existing ebook and audio book files just by scanning your folders…

And, you can upgrade your Collectorz account to Book Collector Connect and do even more:

  • Browse your personal book collection online
    Search and sort your collection in List, Detail or Cover View.
  • Publish your book database online on Collectorz.com servers
    Access your book inventory from any online computer or mobile device.
  • Share your collection list with friends & family
    Make your collection public (optional), then just email a web-link
  • Connect is a fully stand-alone book organizer tool
    Connect is a cool add-on to the Book Collector downloadable desktop edition for Windows or Mac, but it can also be used on its own, as a super-easy online book cataloging tool.

Book Collector Standard Version is $29.95, and Book Collector Pro Version costs $49.95.

Collectorz.com has all kinds of options. Go check out their site! I know my kids are waiting to try out the Movie Collectorz and Game Collectorz!


As all of my regular readers know, I love anything that helps me to get better organized. So this product really suits my personality! I haven't had the time to enter my entire collection, but I can see that it would be a helpful program to have to better organize my library and I would love to have the scanner to use!

See what my crewmates have to say about Collectorz!

(gotta love doing blogging from the public library!)

No comments:

Twitter