Sep 8, 2010

Not Back to School Day (Finally!)

We had a great day. It was rainy so our plans changed, but it was a fun day anyway. Princess Belle felt excited and special all day. She had a wonderful time at the Boys and Girls Club this afternoon. When we walked in, she had an attack of the nerves and held onto my arm so tight. And, when I was leaving, I saw her sitting in the crowd looking nervous and I found it so hard to leave here there. But I knew that she wanted this and that she had been in a similar program before and really enjoyed it. When she came home, she was bubbling over with stuff to tell me and I knew she had a great time. Princess Belle and the others had their Turkey Enchiladas, which she instantly declared were, YUMMILIOUS!, she said this was the best day ever, and then she trotted off to pick out her clothes for tomorrow afternoon.

And me? While she was gone, both babies were sleeping and do you think I took advantage of those two hours by sleeping? Relaxing? Reading a good Book? Surfing the Internet? Nope, not me. I cleaned the kitchen and made a pot of turkey soup and Turkey Enchiladas. I got it all done just in time to pick her up again. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a good mommy!

Julie said...

What all do they do at the Boys and Girls' Club?

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twisted Cinderella said...

She is in the After School Programs at The Gander Boys and Girls Club.

It offers a wide variety of after school activities to its youth. Programs cover such topics as the arts and crafts, how to Eat Smart, incorporating physical activity into their daily lives, how to prepare their own snacks, exploring science through experiments, games, activities and
The Kids Caught Caring program.

But the best part about it, is that it gives her an opportunity to spend a little time with other kids working on her social skills.

Twitter