May 13, 2007

Warning! This may gross you out a little!

I have a real pregnancy symptom. It is silly but as uncomfortable and as much of a Pain in the A*s it is, I am thrilled to have a symptom.

Let me go back to the beginning. when I was pregnant with Little Princess, I had a symptom the entire pregnancy that I forgot about. I had bad sinuses. The entire pregnancy you wouldn't find me without my little pack of tissues. It is gross but there it is.

But when I started having sinus issues a couple of days ago, I didn't relate to my pregnancy. Who ever heard of allergy-like symptoms being related to pregnancy? But this time, I googled it. And low and behold, this is a normal part of pregnancy for a LOT of women. WOOHOOO I have a REAL pregnancy symptom. It is a pain in the butt, and it keeps me awake at night and my nose is so sore, it feels like it will drop right off, (and I am open to any suggestions that may help,) but it is a symptom!

I have been stressing myself out worrying that this isn't real, that I want this too bad and it will all go away like a dream in the light of dawn, but this makes it real. Never mind that I am hopelessly late for my period, never mind that I have had a total of THREE positive pregnancy tests now, never mind that I am suddenly reduced to an afternoon nap like a 2 year old, THIS MAKES IT REAL!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ME I REALLY AM PREGNANT! (now where did I go and put that box of kleenex?)

Happy Mothers Day Everyone! I hope it finds you as happy as I am.

Editors Note: I am adding this lovely poem I read for mothers day.

A MOTHER'S LOVE
A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

~Helen Steiner Rice~

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh nooo! That's horrible to have to have that for nine whole months! That would make the pregnancy so much worse. I have never heard that that is a sympton of pregnancy, so I learned something that might help others someday if I come across someone else with the problem. Isn't the net wonderful? I hope the doc can help you some way.

Happy Mother's Day! I'm sitting in a hotel room (with one son) and all is quiet...may take a swim before my surprise for Mom...had a rough day yesteray and hope to blog soon.

Nancy said...

Happy Mothers Day!

The things we go through for our children ... always worth it though isn't it?

Looks like you are going to be pregnant with tissues for 9 months too! I hope it eases up for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! xoxo

Kat said...

Happy Mother's day!!! And congrats on a new baby! I'm so happy for you!

Twitter