May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. I love my doctor. She just seems to care and be interested. I think part of it is that she has only been in practice a few years and she isn't one of those, I have been everywhere and seen everything types.
  2. I don't see my OB until I am over 6 months pg! That is crazy! Good thing I like my doctor.
  3. We went out to dinner at Prince Charming's Aunt's house. It is nice to be at least on speaking and cordial terms with the entire family.
  4. Grandma Great is still in town. I hate to see how her family makes her feel pulled in all directions and stressed.
  5. She just had surgery not that long ago for liver cancer. I wish they would just appreciate her for the wonderful person that she is.
  6. My neighbour's daughter is absolutely adorable. Everytime I see her, I just want to cuddle and hug her!
  7. Little Princess actually asked to go to daycare yesterday. I think part of it is because she isn't doing preschool much right now, but part of it is that after the long weekend, she was missing her friends.
  8. She really is looking forward to going to kindergarten. I can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten.
  9. I had "the baby talk" with her today again. I explained in five year old terms how babies come out of mommy's belly.
  10. My method of explaining so far is truthful but simplified, with just enough information to keep her satisfied.
  11. I am HUNGRY all the time with this pg. My wonderful neighbour gave me some caramel rice cakes and I snack on those sometimes. I am trying to balance my hunger, my health and my desire to not weight a ton by the time I have this baby.
  12. I have decided though that I will NOT stress myself out about weight. If I gain a lot, I gain a lot, I lost it once I can lose it again. In the end, my beautiful baby will be worth it.
  13. I am very content in my life right now.

(please go over and visit my friend MAMA in love, this is her first Thursday Thirteen!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here

    Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





    20 comments:

    Dewey said...

    This made me smile. It's nice to see someone happy with her life.

    Anonymous said...

    My daughter was almost 5 when she became a big sister. My little one is now 7 .. it just seems like yesterday.

    Many Blessings to you and all of the "royal family"

    mama Kelly

    PS my 13 are up

    Anonymous said...

    How were you able to tell her how babies come out of mommy's belly? Just curious.

    Anonymous said...

    #13 is the best! Happy for you!!!

    Twisted Cinderella said...

    LOL, well I explained in this way. "You know how when you have peepee in your belly, you push and it comes out? Well mommy has a baby in her belly and when it is time and the baby is ready, I will go to the doctor and he will help me push it out. I will have to push harder though because a baby is bigger then peepee is." It is kinda gross and kinda simplistic, but she understood it and accepted it.

    pussreboots said...

    Congrats on baby #2. I had my second back in September. Like your #1, my oldest is starting kindergarten this year. Where has the time gone? Happy TT.

    Crazy Working Mom said...

    I am so excited for you. I'll bet little princess is happy she's going to be a big sis too, right?!?!

    I loved your list. It made me smile.

    Have a great Thursday.

    Anonymous said...

    Great list and congrats on the pregnancy! I'm glad you have a doctor you love, that is so important. I'm with you on the weight thing. I gained SOOOO much when I was pregnant with my son but it was all worth it just to have him come out healthy. And it is possible to lose it :)

    Happy Thursday!!

    Melli said...

    I definitely think you should NOT stress yourself about weight while pregnant! But don't go crazy either! Just be healthy and that's what's best for you and the babe!

    Now... in order to keep you occupied and in an effort to make your baby stuff last through til the 9th month, I have TAGGED you with a whopper! It will give you SO many more people to share your good news with! LOL! .... come see.... muahahahahaha....

    Speckledpup said...

    just happened upon your blog.
    good list.
    c'ya.

    The Pup

    Lazy Daisy said...

    Awwww...what a sweet thirteen. I LOVED that you are content with life right now. Good for you. Is little princess excited about being a big sister? I will finally get to hold my grand baby on Saturday.

    Gattina said...

    Just remember how your mother explained to you how babies drop out of a storch's basket !

    Anonymous said...

    You've got the right idea. Don't stress out, just enjoy the pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Lindsay, since she was my last, I wanted to just be content.

    Happy Thursday!

    Barbara said...

    Congrats on the pregnancy. Thank goodness small children are easily satisfied with the simple answers. :)

    My TT is up.

    Nancy said...

    #13 ... the best part =)

    Jenny McB said...

    Everything sounds great for you right now!! Enjoy your pregnancy and you are right about the weight, it will come off.

    So good to have a nice doctor.

    Penny said...

    Congratulations! Number 13 sums it all up nicely, doesn't it?

    Happy TTing to you!

    Unknown said...

    Hope the talk went well.Looking forward to reading about your pregnancy

    Jeannine said...

    Well, if you always have things like tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, grapes, oranges and things like that handy, you can basically eat as much as you want. Also drinking lots of water will help, as it fills you up. (You might want to stay near the toilette at all times though... :-)

    Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    I'm glad I didn't come by yesterday, or I'd have missed your scrapbook page above. Yes, I really like them! I may have to study them a bit harder now that I'm scrapping again. (Let's hope it lasts!)

    Hope the pregnancy keeps going well -- and yeah, I no longer have a preschooler, too. Weird feeling, isn't it?

    Twitter