Feb 18, 2007

Sunday Stuff

Scrapbooking

I liked the one pic I did yesterday soo much I had to do a scrapbook page of it all by itself. Here it is!



I had intended to put several pics of her face on this page, but when I did this effect on the first one, I knew that this had to be a simple page. I didn't want to clutter it up with stuff.




Little Princess


And with my long post yesterday I didn't even tell you about our day at Kinderstart on Friday. It went pretty well. It was only for about an hour and Little Princess was well enough for that. She didn't want to go, but she loved playing when she got there. She had a lot of fun and cried when we had to leave. She informed me when she got home that she didn't want to go to Preschool anymore, she wanted to go to Kindergarten. Apparently she says that Preschool is too much work for her. She did the pattern project while she was there and the teacher told us that using 4 colors in a pattern was really good, that it was grade one level patterning. did a worried mommy's heart proud to hear that.



My 1 point Veggie Soup


Looking through my comments yesterday, I had a few requests for my soup recipe. As with all my recipes, I play around with the ingredients to fit what I have in the house. This is basically the recipe for my soup.



LOW FAT VEGETABLE SOUP

2 cups vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 clove minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 zucchini
1 carrots
1 pepper chopped (optional)
1 russet potato, skin on, chopped
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a four-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add vegetable broth and tomatoes. Add remaining ingredients as prepared. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.



2 comments:

Margaret said...

Yum, this soup does sound wonderful! I'll definately save it for a day this week.

Kat said...

Thats great I was just looking for soup recipes. I love the scrapbook pages!

Twitter