- Hummus Wrap or Sandwich – whole grain wrap of bread spread with a generous amount of hummus, and topped with veggies like grated carrot, tomato, lettuce, or spinach and some thinly sliced onion.
- Salad - Greens, beans, and diced veggies topped with dressing or some oil and vinegar from the pantry. Play around with the ingredients, changing up the veggies and adding avocado, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
- Quick Soup - 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can corn, 1 can beans, 1 can minestrone soup, 1 cup mixed veggies. Heat and serve.
- Roasted vegetable sandwich: Roasted vegetable sandwich layered with hummus/bean spread
- Avocado on toast - I LOVE mashed avocado with a little salt and garlic powder spread on toast with vegan margarine! It doesn't sound yummy but it really is.
- "Breaded" tofu - I like to mix corn starch and nutritional yeast and coat slices of tofu in it. It is super yummy baked, grilled or fried in a little pam. I like to add salt and hot sauce to mine. So good!
- Easy Stir-Fry - One bag of frozen mixed vegetables, tossed into a wok or frying pan. Add soy sauce and heat through. Serve it over rice or just alone.
- Refried beans - Vegan refried beans heated with salsa and corn and sometimes peppers. Then they get piled on top of rice or inside a tortilla. Yum!
- Baked potato with hummus and a side salad,
- homemade soup, stew or chili,
Jan 5, 2013
Vegan lunch ideas!
Lunches at my house have to be quick and easy. We are busy doing a hundred different things and if I think I am going to have some big elaborate present, I am fooling myself and I am more likely to grab something bad for me. So here are some ideas I am considering: