8 oz unsweetened applesauce
1 cup dried fruit (I used half cranberries, half raisins)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup flaxseed meal + 1/2 cup water
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the flaxseed meal with the water and wait few minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- In a medium size bowl mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Spoon it into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set and soft to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- The bars can be frozen in an air-tight container for up to a month.