- 1 lb. fresh broccoli (try to get stalks with as much floret head as possible. Less stem is better!)
- 2 c. low sodium organic vegetable broth (Pacific brand is gluten, dairy free, and vegan)
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. organic lite coconut milk
- 1 c. water
- 1/4" chunk fresh ginger root
- 7 cloves fresh garlic
- 5 t. nutritional yeast
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground cumin
- rosemary, to taste
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 fresh lime, peeled
Fill your blender with the vegetable broth, coconut milk, water, garlic cloves, olive oil and seasonings. Put the garlic and pepper on the bottom of the blender and then pour over the liquids and add the seasonings. Add all the broccoli with the exception of the reserved garnish florets.
Cover the blender and starting at low. After a moment, you can turn it all the way up to HIGH and blend for 6-8 minutes. If your blender is not powerful enough to heat the soup without itself overheating, puree the broccoli and soup ingredients in your blender and then you can eat at room temperature or warm the soup on low over the stovetop or in your microwave.
Spoon in the nutritional yeast and then pour into serving bowl and drop in your reserved florets.