Jun 30, 2010
Jun 29, 2010
Since you neither of you are doctors, or even have a University degree, you will forgive me if I believe my doctor before I believe you. Since I live with my daughter, you will forgive me if I assume I know more about my daughter than you do. Despite what you may think, she does not just need more discipline. She gets plenty thank you very much. She is a high functioning autistic! She may look like everyone else, but she isn't. She needs support, not yelling.
And I homeschool her because it is what is best for her. She was miserable in public school. And I don't think forcing the school to keep her and not send her home when she is cowering under a table screaming and covering her ears would have been the best thing for her. Not for the school FOR HER! Being homeschooled is not going to make her have low self-esteem, being in public school was pummeling her self-esteem. She was scared of the police because she was convinced that they were going to come and arrest her because she was a bad girl. She was convinced that Santa would never come because to the depths of her soul, she was certain she was a bad girl. When asked to describe herself. she said she was weird and bad. That was all she thought she was. She got so low, she WANTED TO DIE!!!! I am working to repair the damage that public school did to my daughter, so don't you dare tell me that it would be better for her. I KNOW HER and I would rather walk over hot coals barefoot slowly than put her back there.
Don't tell me what is best for my girl. Trust me, you are not my role models in how to raise children. I have seen homeschooled teenagers, if my girl turns out like any of them, I would only be proud.
My girl is SPECIAL, UNIQUE, WONDERFUL and a HANDFUL, and I do NOT require your input on how to raise her!
Signed a frustrated MAMA BEAR
Jun 28, 2010
This has been so much fun for me and it's so much fun (and so encouraging) to the blog writer to have lots of comments! I hope you enjoy these blogs. :)
1. All American Family
2. Growing Fruit
3. Learning to Teach
4. Codex Young Author's Publishing Program
5. Stairsteps Homeschool Academy
6. Kingdom Academy
7. Living Sola Gratia
8. Wynfield Christian Academy
9. The Cow Queen
10. Creek on the Prairie
Jun 27, 2010
Yesterday I was watched a movie with Princess Belle (I love that she is at the age that we can watch movies together and both enjoy them). In the movie, the female lead passed away. I think it was the first movie that Princess Belle had seen where one of the main characters died. She was understandably upset. So after the movie was over, she decided to rewrite the ending of the movie.
She came up to me carrying some pictures:
"See mommy, this is where they are dancing. This is where she ate some goop and got sick (funny I don't remember any goop in the movie at all). This is where she was dying
This is where a machine came in with a hose and sucked all the sickness out of her, so she got better. This is where they started dancing again. And this is where they lived happily ever after and went to the beach."
I hugged her and told her it was a much better ending.
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 25, 2010
1. Reaping a Harvest
2. Pink & Orange Coffee
3. Live, Laugh, Learn!
4. Mrs. Mandy's Musings
5. The Fantastic Five
6. Refined Metals Academy
7. Just A Moment in Time
8. Providence Farm
9. My Journey
10. Petra School
- You never wear a shirt longer than 1/2 hour before it has a milk stain or a chocolate face-print
- Your child wakes you up at 5 in the morning and you count that as a victory
- You have ever let anyone chew on your fingers because their mouth hurt
- Your windowsill proudly displays a green plastic cup filled with dandelions
- While you understand why Sam Wiggle had to replace Greg Wiggle, you defiantly declare that Joe will never be as good as Steve on Blues Clues and the original Loonette will always be the best one
- You have found yourself randomly snacking on fruit roll-ups and goldfish just because they were there
- You have to search your car after long drives because it has snack foods and toys stashed in every available crevice
- Someone who has vomited on you, drooled on you, and urinated on you and not only do you let them stay, you add more just like them to your household
- You have ever celebrated when someone went to the washroom
- Your follow members of your household around with a camera trying to document every special moment because you know they pass by just much to quickly
- You were ever crying and a toddler wrapped her arms around your neck, looked up at you with chocolate covered, puckered up lips and somehow she managed to kiss it make it all better.
Jun 24, 2010
It’s official! I received my first item to review for the 2010-2011 TOS Crew voyage. I am really excited, so I thought I would share the title now, to wet your appetite for when I post my review late next month when it is due.
Here is a news video on the damage: http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/video.aspx?cp-documentid=cbcc2010-2406-0719-0004-152927117300
Jun 23, 2010
Jun 22, 2010
I am still trying desperately to find a house to move into. I am amazed at how much rent prices have gone up in the last 4 years. They have increased by almost 50%, and of course our income has not increased by that much so it does cause some difficulties. But, at this point, I just want something to be available. Anything at all. I found a place an hour from where I want to live that costs $350 more than the last two I looked at and I am still considering it. That is how desperate I am to get out of here and make my girl's life better.
Princess Snifflefritz has gone back to waking me once a night now that she has her tooth in. Please let us hope that she doesn't get any more for a while. I need the rest.
Princess Magpie has taken to taking off all her clothes when she in her room "sleeping". This is so NOT fun. I was thinking about transitioning her to a toddler bed, but I am not ready for her to have full access to her room when she is making messes like that. EEEEWWWW
I have come to the conclusion, I am listening to entirely too many kids shows throughout the day. I find myself working away quietly humming a Wiggles or Imagination Movers tune. This is no good. LOL I also find myself rocking a baby that isn't in my arms any more and pushing the broken baby swing when there is no baby in it. (It is broke so I sit beside her doing something else with one hand and pushing her with the other.) Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am slowly losing my mommy brain entirely. If you find me standing still in the grocery store with a cart full or formula, diapers, peanut butter and goldfish, staring blankly into space, quietly rocking a bag of flour while singing a Wiggles tune. Please forgive this sleep deprived mommy and point me in the direction of the checkout, okay?
Jun 21, 2010
We are going through a big change, we are moving. But it is being dragged out as we wait to find a place. That is stressful for me, so I can understand how a long drawn out big change like this would be stressful for her too.
I talked to her today. We discussed the move and how long it is taking. We talked about her feelings. She got a bit teary when she discussed how lonely she is here. I truly feel like I have hit on the reason for her behavior lately.
Jun 20, 2010
I feel like sometimes I am failing as a mom with her. Once upon a time, I thought all I needed to do to be a good mom was love my kids and do the best I could to guide them and give them a good home, but with her, I am not sure that is enough. I am lost and I don't know what to do.
Jun 19, 2010
Jun 18, 2010
- Sorry for the unexpected absence. My computer broke and it too time to get back to you!
- Another hit on the hit list that keeps on coming, my Father-in-law was admitted to the hospital yesterday with a suspected heart attack. They are keeping him again, so it must be serious.
- We are still planning on moving to improve Princess Belle's situation but we are having troubles finding a place. It is tough, but I know it is best for her.
- Princess Magpie is always trying to help Princess Snifflefritz, she even tries to feed her from her sippy.
- Princess Snifflefritz ha her first tooth!! She cut it yesterday. I am hoping she is done for a little while, I NEED some sleep!