Jan 1, 2013

Looking Back at an Eventful 2012

I thought it would be fun to take part in a blog cruise this month.  You can follow along by clicking here.
Photobucket

This was a big year for us.  Lots of little things happened in our lives, but really a few big things stand out for this year.
  1. We moved to a whole different province (wrong place in the wrong neighborhood to suit us, but what can you do?) 
  2. We were robbed when we left that awful apartment that was so unsafe and moved into this house.   And while this house has been better, it is a way too small house (little Prince sleeps in the living room, the girls share a room, there is no storage, and there is nowhere for a kitchen table), the local kids torture Princess Belle on a regular basis, and it is still in a bad neighbourhood.
  3. We added a new and final member to our family.  We added a little bit of blue to our castle full of pink.  
  4. A third less important thing from this year, I temporarily left this blog and started another, but I couldn't stay away.  (I have been Twisted Cinderella for over 8 years and she is too much a part of who I am.)  So, I came back.  
Here is part of the post I made to announce the arrival of Little Prince into the world:
I am proud to announce that my little boy was born on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 (the day after my 40th birthday!). He is absolutely beautiful. My blood pressure was up somewhere between percolate and slow boil and it insisted on staying there so the doctor’s decided it was time to have him. It was really fast. They tested my blood pressure and then told me it was way to high and that we were going to be having him soon it was a matter of days. Then a few minutes later, tested my blood pressure again. Before I knew it, they came back and told me it was going to be a matter of minutes before he arrived not days. It all happened so quickly that Prince Charming almost didn’t make it in time. He came rushing in as the doctor was scrubbing up and I was on the table frozen and ready to go.








And now my baby is 9 months old.  He is such a funny, sweet, little man.  I am completely smitten!

The move to the city was a mistake.  I am longing for rural life, for small towns, for local farms, for knowing your neighbours, for leaving your door open to let some air in, for kids running outside to play, for being safe in your own yard, for your belongings being safe in your home (don't forget we were robbed since we moved up here. So the upcoming year proves to be eventful as we once again plan a move out of the city. 


Princess Belle has grown and matured a lot in the last year.  She helps so much with her younger sisters and brother and she adores them completely.  She can often be found in their room playing, even though she has a room of her own.

In our homeschooling we moved away from Waldorf to unit studies and a journey around the world.  and it has been fun, but Princess Belle has said she misses Waldorf and we will be returning to that for her.

Princess Magpie has started on some easy preschool homeschooling.  She is just so smart, she amazes me.  Princess Sniffelfritz has followed along beside her like she usually does and has learned so much more than I expected her too.  We will be starting A Little Garden flower Kindergarten with Princess Magpie in September and I expect Princess Snifflefritz will be joining in as best she can for that too. LOL

Here are some pics of the girls from the beginning of the year:





And here are some pics of all of the kids this month:






And one final note, I have lost 45 lbs so far.  I have gone from looking like this in February (pregnant):


 to looking like I do in this awful pic from July:

 to looking like I do now in the family pic below:






So it has been an eventful year with lots of good things to remember.  Here's hoping the next year is filled with lots of warm and wonderful things to remember as well.

3 comments:

Jennifer Bogart said...

Wow, congrats on all the big changes! We had a crazy big year in 2012 too! Which province were you in before NS?

Twisted Cinderella said...

I was living in Newfoundland before I moved to NS.

Julie said...

Lot of ups and downs in 2012. Here's hoping 2013 has nothing but ups!!!!

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Twitter