Here is something I was totally excited to find! A recipe for RAW VEGAN CHEESE!!!
Raw Vegan Cheese
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
1/2 lime juiced (optional)
a dash of pink himalayan salt
1. Place the macadamia nuts in the blender.
2. Pour enough water to cover them, but not too much.
3. Get the blender working on high speed for 30 seconds. That’s the moment it will start warming up and we don’t want that. Stop for a while and hit the high speed for another 30 seconds…
4. When the nuts are all blended and puffy add the lime juice and the salt and mix again (with a spatula, not the blender).
5. Take a colander, place doubled mesh bag in it and pour in the cheesy cream.
6. Fold the bag covering all the mixture and add something heavy on top, like a plate, big cup or a small pot.
7. Take the setting into a warm location and leave it there for 24 hours. It will be best if you add more weight on it at some point, to drain all the water out of the cheese.
24 hours later your cheese will be ready. Remove it from the mesh bag into a plate and keep in the fridge. If you want to eat it as a creme cheese – then eat it. But if you want it to look like real cheese, leave it in the fridge for at least another 24 hours. The longer it stays in the fridge the harder it becomes.
Garnish with herbs & nutritional yeast. Serve with crackers, veggies and red wine.
Time for preparation: 48 hours and 10 minutes. Serves 1-10.