(update: I made them this morning for breakfast and they were a HUGE hit!)
- 1 cup SR flour or plain four with 1 teaspoon baking powder added
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ - 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 20 grams butter, melted
These will be cooked on the stove top in a frying pan.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together into a bowl.
- Mix the milk, egg and melted butter together, then add to dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and brush with a little melted butter.
- Drop level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook for half a minute or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn over and cook the other side for one minute or until golden.
Serve warm with butter, or cold with jam and cream. You can add grated apple and cinnamon to the batter to make a delicious variation.
You can keep the batter in the fridge till the next day if you only want to make half a batch each day.