Aug 6, 2010

Our Curriculum

I thought I would share our curriculum. It isn't very complicated but it works for us so far. I am using a variety of resources using this Grade 3 Curriculum Guide as a guide to make sure we hit all the important topics.

I am going to get The Complete Canadian Grade 3 Curriculum as a supplement, but as a general idea right now we are doing the following:

math: math-u-see

language arts:
- Reading - books from our library and the public library using this leveled book list as a guide
- English - pulling from various resources I like the worksheets here.
- Spelling - we are using these right now

social studies and science: unit studies again making sure that by the end of the year we have covered all the topics in our curriculum guide.

Handwriting: Peterson Directed Handwriting

Life Skills - That come up as you live life…nothing formal

PE/Health/Manners -again – nothing formal just learning from living life and various books we get from the library

Arts & Crafts - things I put together to go with whatever we are covering at that time pulled from books we have at home, websites I have seen, and things I have purchased.

This is my plan so far, and I am open to any comments, thoughts, and ideas that you may have.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sound like you are so planned out. I applaud you, I just don't have the patience right now, and trust me, I wish I did. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie said...

I've always found that simple plans are the most workable. :-) You have a beautiful family.

http://laughingstars.net

Anonymous said...

Great links to some great freebies! I am glad I clicked on you on the blog hop. I will definitely be checking out several of these. Have a great year!

Julie said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

The Cloth Diaper Connection said...

Thanks for this...I have been talking to my 4th grader about homeschooling and I have been wondering about curriculum. : )

♥ Sarah @ FFP ♥ said...

Thank you for sharing. I plan on homeschooling my daughter so I am saving all those references!

Unknown said...

I like the World Book link and had wondered about doing my own thing based on it. What you've got planned looks great!

Dawn said...

Hi! Loved this post...lots of good info! Liked the "I'm going to take it as it comes" personality with some of them...I totally understand! Also, I've given you a blog award, check out my blog for more info. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Twitter